Health News

Play Every Day

Kids learn most about being active from their families. As a parent, keep a positive attitude about physical activity. Daily family active play is important in keeping children healthy.

JobOpportunitiesProgram DirectoryBlogVideosLive. Work. PlaySurgery Specialist Directory

Contact Us

Box 2003
Weyburn, Saskatchewan
S4H 2Z9
Tel: (306) 842-8399
For General Inquiries:

Local residents celebrate grand opening of the Kipling Integrated Health Centre

Minister of Rural and Remote Health Greg Ottenbreit joined local residents March 13 to celebrate the grand opening of the Kipling Integrated Health Centre.

The facility replaces the aging Willowdale Lodge long-term care facility and the old Kipling Memorial Health Centre.

“I am pleased to see this integrated facility contribute to better health, better care and better value for residents, families and patients,” Ottenbreit said.

“Our government wants to ensure long-term care residents have a safe and comfortable home, and health providers have a suitable work environment to provide quality care.”

The provincial government has contributed $18 million to the $25.1-million project, which represents 80 per cent of the total shareable costs. Local contributions cover the remaining 20 per cent.

The Kipling Integrated Health Centre accommodates 32 long-term care beds, 12 acute beds and one multipurpose bed.

“It is beneficial to have both long-term care and acute care services in one building. This allows healthcare providers and staff to better support one another, and to provide better care to both residents and patients,” Sun Country Health Region President and CEO Marga Cugnet said.

“The community can also benefit from health providers who have cross training in acute care and long-term care. They are better equipped to maintain service continuity.”

In total, approximately $200 million has been invested toward the replacement of 13 long-term care facilities across the province. To date, eight of the 13 projects are complete. Four are under construction. And one project is in the planning phase.

Posted March 16 

>>> Return to Listing