Nutrition Tips Winter 2015

Children who have meals with their family not only eat better and are healthier; they learn to socialize and do better in school. Family meals give a time and place to keep up with what is going on with everyone, help each other out, and tell family stories. Enjoying family meals help to keep food in its place as only one of life's great pleasures. Pay attention to the food and enjoy it when it is time to eat, forget about it between times. A rushed morning without breakfast can make eating well challenging. Try these quick breakfast ideas: A long afternoon commute can make eating well challenging. Pack a snack for the afternoon before your ride so you aren’t over hungry when you get home. Healthy food choices at home and at school can help students do better in school and be healthier over all. Part of learning about healthy eating is practicing. If your children’s’ school does not teach food preparation, ask your school administration how you can help to support offering classes. Snack foods like chips, candy, and pop fill children up, but don’t supply any of the nutrition they need to grow and learn. These foods should not be offered in school. Help the school community council and school administration in your children’s school to promote healthy foods in the school.

JobOpportunitiesProgram DirectoryBlogVideosLive. Work. PlaySurgery Specialist Directory

Contact Us

Box 2003
Weyburn, Saskatchewan
S4H 2Z9
Tel: (306) 842-8399
For General Inquiries:

Why work for Sun Country Health Region?

We provide quality health care.

Current Openings

We have many opportunities for talented individuals looking for a challenging and rewarding career. From medicine, nursing, allied health, management, administration, support services and everything in between, our diverse range of opportunities means that we are constantly on the lookout for new talent. We offer a great working environment in which to progress.

To view and apply for current job openings, click here. New job postings are added weekly, so come back regularly. Inquiries may be made to .


Before You Can Work

Social Insurance Number (SIN)

You must have a Social Insurance Number (SIN) to work in Canada.  A SIN is a nine-digit number you need to work or to receive Canadian government services.  Your SIN number is personal and should be kept confidential;  each person has a unique SIN number.  Visit Service Canada's website for information on how to get a Social Insurance Number.

Work Permit

If you are not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, you need to be legally authorized to work in Canada.  In most situations, you will need a work permit.  For more information on who is eligible and how to apply for a temporary work permit, visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada's website.  

Criminal Record Check (CRC)

The successful candidate to any position will be required to complete a satisfactory criminal record check (including a vulnerable sector search) at his/her own expense.   An acceptable Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. A Criminal Record Check can be requested at your nearest Police/RCMP detachment.  The Criminal Record Check submitted must:

  • include a vulnerable sector search (mention when requesting your CRC);
  • be dated within 6 months;
  • be the original.



Sun Country Is...

A great place to live, work and play...

Who We Are

Our mandate is to provide quality health services to the residents of Southeast Saskatchewan. We are accountable to the Minister of Health for the planning, organization, delivery and evaluation of health services we provide.

What We Do

Our key role is to ensure that the organization’s strategic direction is consistent with plans outlined by the Saskatchewan Ministry of Health and that performance measurement processes are in place.


Applying for a Position

External Aplicants:  Submit your application online here.

Internal Applicants: Submit your application online here or submit a completed internal application form (including job posting number and your resume) in person or via mail to:

Saskatchewan Health Authority - Tatagwa View
Human Resources Department
Box 2003