- News Releases
- Health Tips
- Community Advisory
- Regional Sun Newsletter
- Sun Country Chatter
- School Nutrition Posters
- Good Eating Today columns
Root vegetables like potatoes, carrots, parsnips, turnips, sweet potatoes and onions are often great bargains at the grocery store or farmer’s market; use them in soups and stews.
Tel: (306) 842-8399
For General Inquiries:
It’s not too late for a flu shot!
Dr. Shauna Hudson, SCHR Medical Health Officer, strongly recommends seasonal influenza vaccine for everyone but especially those at high risk for complications from influenza.
Some of the individuals who will benefit most from influenza immunization include:
- Adults 65 years of age and older
- People with chronic health conditions, weakened immune systems, or severe obesity
- Pregnant women (during any trimester)
- Children from 6 months of age to 59 months of age
Other groups that are also a priority for immunization include:
- Household members and close contacts of infants under 6 months of age,
- Child care and day care workers, and
- Health care workers, health care students, and health care volunteers.
Please call your local Public Health Office to make an appointment for a flu shot:
Weyburn Public Health.....842-8618
Estevan Public Health……..637-3626
Carlyle Public Health…….…453-6131
Coronach Public Health....267-5705
Kipling Public Health.......736-2522
Oxbow Public Health….……483-2313
Radville Public Health.…..869-2555
Redvers Public Health…….452-3464
Dr. Hudson also reminds people not to visit our long term facilities when they have a cold or influenza. "People can decrease the risk of spreading influenza and other respiratory infections by not visiting long term care residents when they have cold and flu symptoms," she says.
In addition to getting the flu shot, help prevent the spread of influenza to friends and family by using proper handwashing techniques. Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol- based hand sanitizer and use cough etiquette (sneezing into your sleeve).
>>> Return to Listing