Learning to be Active
Children need physical activity every day to grow up healthy. Help kids learn to be active at an early age. As they grow up, encourage and support them in their physical activities.
Tel: (306) 842-8399
For General Inquiries:
ProgramsReturn to directory
Public Health Nursing
Public Health Nurses (PHNs) are registered nurses whose practice promotes the health of individuals, families, communities, and populations. Public Health Nursing practice focuses on preventive health services and takes place in places where people live, work and play.
Specific services may include but are not limited to:
Prenatal Health Services
- PHNs provide health education for individuals or groups to increase their knowledge and promote healthy lifestyles in the prenatal population.
Postnatal Health Services
- PHNs provide supportive and referral services to help families adjust after their baby is born. Support is provided in many areas, but especially in the areas of breastfeeding, caring for their newborn, and the physical and emotional health of the Mom and her family after the baby comes home.
Child Health Clinics
- PHNs provide well child clinic services in communities across the Region. The routine Preschool Immunizations are provided at these clinics as well as screening and health education services related to child growth and development, nutrition, safety, and parent support.
- PHNs provide immunization services to specific grades (i.e. grades 6 and 8). Public Health Nurses are a resource to teachers for health education and they may also be involved with schools in projects to help create a healthy school environment.
- PHNs provide surveillance services as well as follow up services for reportable communicable disease (e.g. whooping cough, chlamydia, hepatitis, etc.) to ensure prompt treatment and to ensure the limited spread of communicable disease.
- PHNs provide the vaccines that are funded by the Saskatchewan Ministry of Health to residents of SCHR across their lifespan.
Community Development and Action
- PHNs provide support for a community or group when finding solutions for health issues identified in their community.
Contact a Public Health Nurse in your area at:
- Weyburn Public Health 306-842-8618
- Coronach Public Health 306-267-5705
- Radville Public Health 306-869-3351
- Kipling Public Health 306-736-2522
- Carlyle Public Health 306-453-6131
- Redvers Public Health 306-452-4020
- Oxbow Public Health 306-483-2313
- Estevan Public Health 306-637-3626