- The Region
- Vision, Mission & Values
- Standards of Conduct, Ethics & Values
- Telehealth Locations
- Interactive Map
- Kaizen Promotion Office
- Strategic Planning
- Annual Reports
- Publications & Reports
- Sun Country Regional Health Authority
- Executive Team
- Organization Charts
- Tobacco Free Health Region
- Patient Safety and Quality Improvement
- Freedom of Information and Privacy
Always Read the Labels
Never assume a food is free of nuts or peanuts as an ingredient. Do not buy foods without a complete ingredient list. Read ingredient labels every time you shop as companies change their products often!
Tel: (306) 842-8399
For General Inquiries:
We are a Tobacco-Free Environment
Sun Country Health Regiona (SCHR) adopted a new Tobacco-Free Environment Policy on May 1, 2006.
"Given the known danger of smoking and second-hand smoke, it just makes sense for a health organization to discourage people from using tobacco," says Cal Tant, President and Chief Executive Officer. "Most of our staff and most of our public are non-smokers. This new policy will come as no surprise and little inconvenience to most people. In fact, most people will welcome it either because it frees then from second-hand smoke or helps them cut back." Cal says the evidence from every institution that has instituted smoking policies shows a direct link between smoking restrictions and smoking behavior."Fewer people smoke in areas with strong anti-smoking policies. A ban on smoking on our property fosters an environment of respect that protects staff, clients/patients/residents and visitors from second-hand smoke," he says.
Three temporary exceptions will be permitted:
- Palliative care inpatients
- Mental health inpatients and residents in special care homes will all be allowed to smoke in restricted locations.
- Tobacco use that is an integral part of traditional spiritual or cultural practices or ceremonies will continue to be permitted in any SCRHA facility, subject to the provisions in The Saskatchewan Tobacco Act, 2001 (and amendments).