- The Region
- Vision, Mission & Values
- Standards of Conduct, Ethics & Values
- Telehealth Locations
- Interactive Map
- Kaizen Promotion Office
- Strategic Planning
- Annual Reports
- Publications & Reports
- Sun Country Regional Health Authority
- Executive Team
- Organization Charts
- Tobacco Free Health Region
- Patient Safety and Quality Improvement
- Freedom of Information and Privacy
Nutrition Tips Winter 2015
Children who have meals with their family not only eat better and are healthier; they learn to socialize and do better in school. Family meals give a time and place to keep up with what is going on with everyone, help each other out, and tell family stories. Enjoying family meals help to keep food in its place as only one of life's great pleasures. Pay attention to the food and enjoy it when it is time to eat, forget about it between times. A rushed morning without breakfast can make eating well challenging. Try these quick breakfast ideas: http://tinyurl.com/nn6b95d A long afternoon commute can make eating well challenging. Pack a snack for the afternoon before your ride so you aren’t over hungry when you get home. Healthy food choices at home and at school can help students do better in school and be healthier over all. Part of learning about healthy eating is practicing. If your children’s’ school does not teach food preparation, ask your school administration how you can help to support offering classes. Snack foods like chips, candy, and pop fill children up, but don’t supply any of the nutrition they need to grow and learn. These foods should not be offered in school. Help the school community council and school administration in your children’s school to promote healthy foods in the school.
Tel: (306) 842-8399
For General Inquiries:
Healthy People, Healthy Communities
Sun Country Regional Health Authority works together with individuals and communities in partnership to achieve the best possible care, experience and health.
Statement of Values
- We value mutual respect, honesty and trust.
- We value openness with our community to create informed decision-making.
- We value social and ethical responsbility and accountability.
- We value privacy, confidentiality and compassionate care.
- We value a sense of ownership by those associated with the mission of the Sun Country Regional Health Authority.
- We value our Staff, Physicians and Volunteers as our most valuable resource.
- We value the pursuit of safety, quality and excellence in health care.
- We value the uniqueness of our patients and families and their input to foster excellence of care in Patient and Family Centred care.
Ministry of Health: 1. BETTER HEALTH
Improve population health through health promotion, protection and disease prevention, and collaborating with communities and different government organizations to close the health disparity gap.
Strengthen Patient-centered Primary Health Care by improving connectivity, access and chronic disease management.
Ministry of Health: 2. BETTER CARE
In partnership with patients and families, improve the individual's experience, achieve timely access and continuously improve healthcare safety.
Transform the Patient Experience through sooner, safer, smarter Surgical Care.
Safety Culture: focus on Patient and Staff Safety
Ministry of Health: 3. BETTER TEAMS
Build safe, supportive and quality workplaces that support patient and family-centered care and collaborative practices, and develop a highly skilled, professional and diverse workforce that has a sufficient number and mix of service providers.
Deploy a Continuous Improvement System (Lean).
Ministry of Health: 4. BETTER VALUES
Achieve best value for money, improve transparency and accountability, and
strategically invest in facilities, equipment and information infrastructure.
Identify and provide services collectively through a Shared Services organization.