- Job Opportunities
- Physician Opportunities
- New Employee Pre-Orientation
- Practicum Placements
- Mentorship Program
- Internationally Educated Health Professionals
- Pre-Health Professions Club
- Professions in Sun Country
- Financial Support
- Applying for a Position
- Employee Health Benefits
- Gateway Online
- Interactive Map
Freezing and Canning
Buy in season local fruits and vegetables and freeze or even learn to home can these foods to enjoy them in winter.
Internationally Educated Health Professionals
Note: This program is limited to current employees of Sun Country Health Region.
Pathways: IEHP Support, Bridging and Integration Project is a strategy funded by Health Canada in collaboration with the SK Ministry of Health which will extend from April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2016.
Sun Country Health Region aims to support our internationally educated nurses and other internationally educated health care professionals on their paths to professional licensure and ensure they are supported within their workplaces.
This goal can be achieved by:
- Providing information about pathways to licensure, employment and integration into the workforce.
- Offering career exploration and planning for Internationally Educated Health Professionals who are employed with a Saskatchewan Health Region, but not licensed and working in their trained health profession.
- Reducing the gap between international education and qualifications recognized in Canada through referrals to assessments, education, bridging programs and language training programs.
- Employment and training support through mentorship and funding for costs associated with approved assessments and training.
Career Planning Sessions
Individual career planning sessions for Internationally Educated Health Professionals currently employed within Sun Country Health Region are available upon request through the IEHP Provincial Project Lead (contact info below).
To learn more about IEHP initiatives and support for current Sun Country Health Region employees, please contact:
IEHP Provincial Project
People and Partnerships, Saskatoon Health Region
715 Queen St.
Saskatoon, SK S7K 4X4
Ph: (306) 655-3472 or (306) 655-3470
Fax: (306) 655-3979
*Update- An information seesion will be held on November 22, 2012 in Conference Room 2 at Tatagwa View. Please see the attachment for details.