- Job Opportunities
- Physician Opportunities
- New Employee Pre-Orientation
- Practicum Placements
- Mentorship Program
- Internationally Educated Health Professionals
- Pre-Health Professions Club
- Professions in Sun Country
- Financial Support
- Applying for a Position
- Employee Health Benefits
- Gateway Online
- Interactive Map
Did you know that healthy young people learn better and achieve more?
Commonly asked questions:
"When do my benefits start?"
The following is a basic time-line that applies to the following different groups of employees:
Permanent Full-time and Permanent Part-time
- Employees will be immediately enrolled into the three basic plans: Pension, Group Life, and Disability. The employee will then have to work a minimum of twenty-six weeks or six months to be measured for Health and Dental eligibility. Once you meet eligibility the employer will send employee notification through a mailed-out benefits package that contains booklets and forms to complete and return.
- After this initial enrolment stage is completed, every year your benefits will be measured on December 31st. Part-time employees must have their health and dental coverage calculated based on the amount of hours worked in that calendar year. A letter will be sent out in the beginning of the year to inform these employees of their coverage.
- Full-time employees automatically receive a 100% health and dental coverage each year.
Casual/relief and/or temporary
- Employees will have to complete 26 weeks of continuous employment and work a minimum of 40% of full-time hours in order to be initially measured for the employee benefit plans. Your employer will keep track of your hours and enrol you if you become eligible to join any of the offered plans.
- After the initial measurement, these employees will be measured annually on December 31st of the calendar year. The total hours accumulated for the employee will determine the level of coverage for the next calendar year.
- Please note: Temporary employees are not eligible for Disability plan enrolment.
For any inquiries about our Benefit Plans, please contact:
Sun Country Health Region
Box 5000 -200
1174 Nicholson Road
Tel: (306) 637-3649
Fax: (306) 637-3607
Toll-Free: (866) 818-3649
Dental & Health Claim Forms