JobOpportunitiesProgram DirectoryBlogVideosLive. Work. PlaySurgery Specialist Directory

Contact Us

Box 2003
Weyburn, Saskatchewan
S4H 2Z9
Tel: (306) 842-8399
For General Inquiries:

Sun Country Health Region Wants International Applicants!

To work in Saskatchewan, Canada, as a health care professional, you will require an employment authorization (work permit/work visa). An Immigration Officer issues the employment authorization after Service Canada approves your job offer. The full process to receive a work visa, which enables you to work in health care in Canada, typically takes 4-6 months.

An example, but not complete list of requirements (as various health professions will differ), may include:

  • Completed application form for a work permit in Canada
  • 2 (two) recent passport size photographs
  • Your present and previous passport or travel documents
  • Copies of your birth certificate
  • Payment of processing fee Educational certificates and past employers
  • Letters of reference from present and past employers
  • An offer of employment from Sun Country Health Region
  • Employment Validation from Service Canada
  • Registration with the Saskatchewan Association of your health care profession (temporary registration or temporary supervised registration may be sufficient)
  • A medical examination by a designated medical practitioner on Canada's designated medical practitioner's list. A list of Practitioners can be obtained from the Citizen and Immigration Canada or Government of Saskatchewan - Immigration

Certification information:

Immigration links:

Before You Can Work

Social Insurance Number (SIN)

You must have a Social Insurance Number (SIN) to work in Canada.  A SIN is a nine-digit number you need to work or to receive Canadian government services.  Your SIN number is personal and should be kept confidential;  each person has a unique SIN number.  Visit Service Canada's website for information on how to get a Social Insurance Number.

Work Permit

If you are not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, you need to be authorized to work in Canada.  In most situations, you will need a work permit.  For more information on who is eligible and how to apply for a temporary work permit, visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada's website

Here are some answers to common questions about Working Temporarily in Saskatchewan.  This information is translated into a number of languages.